17 | SEP | 2019
Mexican businessman buys Roda JC soccer team from the Netherlands
The transfer of shares must first be approved by the Netherlands’ Football Federation, which supervises all transactions involving the transfer of more than 25% of a club’s shares - Photo: Taken from the Roda JC football club's official Facebook page

Mexican businessman buys Roda JC soccer team from the Netherlands

08/06/2019
16:00
Newsroom
Mexico City
-A +A
Mauricio García de la Vega is a 51-year-old Mexican businessman who owns a company called Iconstar

The Dutch Second Division soccer club Roda JC Kerkrade announced on Tuesday that the Mexican businessman Mauricio García de la Vega would replace Frits Schrouff as the club’s main shareholder, saving the team from bankruptcy.

Once the agreement is signed, García de la Vega will own 80% of the team’s shares, while Aleksei Korotaev will have the remaining 20%.

“Mauricio is proud to have received the confidence of Frits Schrouff in the reconstruction of the team,” said the Limburg club on Twitter.

The team had been struggling to survive in Holland’s professional football scene.

According to a press release, “Mauricio was impressed by the warmth of the club members. He is confident that the football club can thrive, and he invites all fans of the Roda JC team to build a successful future with him.”

The transfer of shares must first be approved by the Netherlands’ Football Federation, which supervises all transactions involving the transfer of more than 25% of a club’s shares.

In the press release, García de la Vega was presented as a 51-year-old Mexican businessman who worked as a banker in Banco Santander and who owns a company called Iconstar.

García de la Vega is currently involved in legal procedures to be recognized as main shareholder of the Real Murcia football club.
 

Artículo

Carlos Slim to refurbish Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabéu stadium

The contract has an estimated value of € 475 million (USD$532 million), according to local newspapers
Carlos Slim to refurbish Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabéu stadiumCarlos Slim to refurbish Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabéu stadium

dm
 

Mantente al día con el boletín de El Universal