Tiger Woods cancels visit to Mexico

The former world number one announced that he underwent back surgery earlier this week and will be sidelined for the rest of this year.

(Photo: Reuters)
English 19/09/2015 11:17 Reuters Actualizada 11:17
Guardando favorito...

Former world number one Tiger Woods announced on Friday that he underwent back surgery earlier this week and will be sidelined for the rest of this year.

The 14-times major champion, who had a similar procedure on his back in March 2014, hopes to return to competition in early 2016.

"This is certainly disappointing, but I'm a fighter," Woods, 39, said in a statement on his website. "I've been told I can make a full recovery, and I have no doubt that I will.

"This is unfortunate, but these things happen. I've been injured before and played again. It won't be any different this time."

As a result of the microdiscectomy surgery, which was performed in Park City, Utah on Wednesday, Woods will not be able to compete in the PGA Tour's Oct. 15-18 Open as he had initially planned.

He also was scheduled for two unofficial events, the America's Golf Cup in Mexico and the Hero World Challenge that he hosts in the Bahamas.

Temas Relacionados
Tiger Woods
Guardando favorito...
 

Noticias según tus intereses

Comentarios

El Universal

Newsletter Al Despertar

Inicia tu día bien informado con las notas más relevantes

Al registrarme acepto los términos y condiciones