Más Información

Turnan a ministro Giovanni Figueroa el caso de Mario Aburto, asesino confeso de Colosio; resolverá si condena de 45 años es correcta

Mundial 2026: ¿Habrá alerta sanitaria por sarampión en México durante la Copa del Mundo?; esto dice Sheinbaum

Harfuch habla sobre sanciones de EU a resort de Puerto Vallarta ligada al CJNG; hay más casos en el país, dice

Marx Arriaga llama "mentiroso" a Mario Delgado; lo reta a demostrar que impidió incluir "mujeres en la historia" en libros de texto

Cédula profesional deja de ser un documento de identificación oficial; CURP es la "fuente única de identidad"

Brugada asegura que concierto de Shakira no tiene costo para el Gobierno de la CDMX; “aquí en México la queremos mucho”, dice
Today Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said that measures agreed with the United States last week to stem the flow of U.S.-bound Central American migrants entering Mexico will be evaluated after 45 days.
Speaking at President López Obrador's regular news conference , Ebrard said that if Mexico managed to reduce the number of migrants entering the country, it would show that the strategy implemented by the Mexican government is working.
On Friday, Mexico and the United States struck a deal to avert a tariff war , with Mexico agreeing to rapidly expand an asylum program and deploy security forces to stop im migration from Central America .
U.S. President Donald Trump
had been threatening to impose 5% import tariffs on all Mexican goods starting today if Mexico did not commit to do more to tighten its borders and “stop the invasion ” of the U.S.
There was no specific migration reduction target, Ebrard said, noting that when he began talks in Washington last week to defuse the tariff threat , the U.S. government wanted Mexico to accept a “s afe third country ” agreement over migration .
Mexico
rejected this demand, which would have forced Mexican authorities to accept many of the migrants detained trying to enter the United States by making them submit their asylum claims in Mexico rather than with U.S. authorities.
Ebrard noted that U.S. authorities wanted to cut the number of migrants to “zero” and said Washington would likely repeat its “ safe third country ” demand if Mexico was not able to bring down the number of people crossing illegally into the country.
Ebrard said he will talk to Central American organizations to solve the migration issue.
The Foreign Affair Minister denied the two countries signed any security or agriculture agreements . He later shared the document through social media :
Trump
, who has called the surge in migrants an “ invasion ,” had threatened to keep raising tariffs against Mexico up to 25% unless Mexico fulfilled his demands.
Mexico
and the United States agreed to keep discussing possible measures to address the crisis and will make announcements on the matter in 90 days .
gm
Noticias según tus intereses
[Publicidad]
[Publicidad]









