2016 sees biggest increase in jobs created in 19 years

732,591 new jobs were created in Mexico's formal sectors in 2016, up 13.7% compared to 2015.
EL UNIVERSAL/file photo
13/01/2017
20:38
Rubén Migueles
-A +A

732,591 new jobs were created in Mexico's formal industries in 2016, 13.7% more than in 2015, making last year the highest year for jobs created since 1997, according to the latest figures released by Mexico's Social Security Institute (IMSS).

89% of these new jobs are permanent positions, with the remaining 11% falling into the category of temporary jobs.

The increase in jobs growth was primarily seen in the agricultural sector (6.9%), transportation and communications sector (5.5%), and professional services sector (4.8%). The biggest job creators at the state level were Quintana Roo, Baja California Sur, Tlaxcala and Queretaro. 

Mantente al día con el boletín de El Universal

 

COMENTARIOS